It’s the first Monday in August. Five months left in the year. Here are some questions to get you thinking:
1. What did you miss doing this summer? List all the things you can think of.
2. What do you want to make sure you fit in this holiday season? Again, list all the things you can think of.
3. What do you want to be able to say, in January, that you did during 2012?
Write a paragraph or more for each of these. Then move on to the next step.
1. Take your list and pick one summer thing, and schedule it for this week. Then tuck the rest of your list and tuck it in the back of your calendar to put in next year’s day planner. Or, if you use an electronic calendar, then put the list on May 1, 2013, and call it “For Planning This Summer.”
2. Take your list and pick 5 things you can afford. Now, schedule each of these things somewhere between November 1 and December 31. Put the rest of the list at the end of your calendar or make a calendar entry for August 1, 2013.
3. Take your list of things you want to do this year and write three pages in your journal. Ask yourself which of the things you’ve listed you most want to accomplish and what is standing in your way of doing so.
4. Now, schedule time in the next week to get started. Even 30 minutes spent pursuing your goal means you’ll be that much closer to accomplishing it.
5. Schedule another 30 minutes for next week.
6. Now, go do it.
And above all, Happy Monday!