13 Thoughts on the Nature of Time
1. Humans experience time in a linear fashion.
2. Cats can bilocate.
3. The written word provides permanency of thought.
4. Written media propagate ideas across time.
5. Time for humans only goes forward.
6. To slow the relative personal experience of the velocity of time, one must pay attention.
7. Writing helps this process of paying attention, because by its nature writing by longhand is an immediate task. It’s difficult to keep the pen moving while the mind (attention) is elsewhere.
8. Dogs live in the now.
9. The word, written, has power.
10. The word, spoken, is ephemeral but not devoid of power.
11. Control of the written word is hallmark of, but not limited to, dictatorship and totalitarianism.
12. Humans are driven to communicate.
13. The word, written, can only be temporarily blocked but the Flow cannot be stopped.
Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!
The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in other’s comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted! Leave your link in a comment, and I’ll link back to you here:
Andi’s Thursday Thirteen
Eden’s Thursday Thirteen
Heather’s Thursday Thirteen
Kat’s Thursday Thirteen
Dawn’s Thursday Thirteen
Gwen’s Thursday Thirteen
Kaige’s Thursday Thirteen
Liz’s Thursday Thirteen
MLF’s Thursday Thirteen
Shelley’s Thursday Thirteen