I know it’s sort of common this week, but I don’t care. Gratitude can never be overdone; we can never be too grateful for the abundance in our lives.
So what are you grateful for? Tell me, in comments!
3. Choco… Oh, fine. I was just kidding. I’m grateful for my lovely husband Michael. It may sound sappy, but he’s pretty farking awesome, man. So is my stepson Joshua. Woot!
4. My father-in-law comes home from the hospital tomorrow (Friday). He had a stroke two weeks ago and it was dicey there for a while. He’s still got a bum arm, but he’s moving around and anxious to get home.
5. My big fat Italian family. I’m half-Irish, but honorary Italian by marriage. I love it! They’re loud, rambunctious, loving, inclusive, and MAN can they cook!
6. My job. One of my online buddies mentioned that, and I think she’s totally right on. In today’s economy, I’m grateful to have a job I love and that I enjoy my coworkers and the work I do helps people. I could do a lot worse (and believe me, I have… I once counted traffic!)
7. That I no longer count traffic.
8. I was grateful to count traffic at the time, though. I mean, I got paid an hourly rate AND got expenses! My expenses were a per-mile charge I got to write in for, and it varied by tax year. It meant I could drive to way far locations and actually get extra money! This was way cool when I was in college.
9. I am grateful I’m no longer in college and don’t say way cool anymore.
10. I am grateful I can type. Srsly.
11. I am grateful for the internet. Like, way cool, man.
12. I am grateful for our new car. I got stuck in Minneapolis last summer, see. Stuck as in stranded. My car died. So we bought a new one. We named her Black Betty, after the song. Woah Black Betty/Bam a Lam… which is a lot cooler on the radio than typed. ANYWAY. She’s a pretty black car and I love having reliable transportation!!
13. Turkey. Triptophan coma. Woot!