As a follow-on to last weeks vent of spleen, this week I want to focus on 13 Things I’m Grateful For. And, for those of you who are curious if domestic mayhem was committed at the Noonypad last week, all is well. THINGS were discussed, and are on their way to being resolved.
See what a good rant can help with?
1. I’m grateful for my OCD creative husband. In the last 3 weeks, he’s sewn over 14 garments, finished building 4 pieces of furniture, and started his Victorian boudoir photography series. He’s got 3 photo shoots this Saturday with professional models! I’m so excited and proud to be married to him.
2. I’m grateful my kid is healthy, happy and safe. And drug free. And hasn’t made me a grandmother.
4. I’m grateful that Belii, who has feline kidney disease, is doing well on his new diet.
5. I’m grateful to Jean Marie Ward for her advice on how to accomplish #4 for the long term. Jean Marie, thanks. Truly.
6. I’m grateful The Kitten Monster of Doom is healthy and that I haven’t killed her and made a Daniel Boone hat out of her hide, complete with a calico tail.
It’d be a really cool hat.
7. I’m grateful Boria is playing with Nadya (the kitten of #6) and not sulking all over the house anymore. Besides, it’s cute, and he’s lost weight. And she wins, a large portion of the time, which is worth seeing.
8. I’m grateful to my chiropractor for figuring out what’s wrong with my back and fixing it. It’ll be a long haul, but I’m already seeing results. He rocks.
9. I’m grateful to be doing a TT on gratitude. It’s easy to forget how much better one feels when one writes a list of things for which they are grateful. Saying thank you is an underrated spiritual path.
10. I’m grateful I know how to type. (No, I’m actually serious. Watching my friends who hunt and peck is painful. I am glad I took the time to learn it.)
11. I’m grateful I have friends who can’t type. And friends who can. Y’all, I love you!
12. I’m grateful my car has air conditioning.
13. And the number one thing I’m grateful for this week? MY NEW AIR CONDITIONER ARRIVES TOMORROW! I THINK I’LL KISS THE UPS MAN. WOMAN. NON-SEXIST TERM OF ENDEARMENT FOR THE LOVELY INDIVIDUAL WHO BRINGS ME SALVATION FROM THIS SWELTERING, STICKY MESS THAT IS THE NOONYPAD.